Monday 11 March 2013

Bonhomie, Recollections and Goodbyes


Hello!


So, It’s starting to get a lot more sunny and springy. As much as I love the winter, it’s pretty much gone. Days, though starting to get much longer, seem to be passing by swiftly. It is supposedly hard to hold on to things that you don’t want to let go, isn’t it (Last of my college days I talk about). The good news is that most of us have travelled home for holidays. The bad news? A lot of us don’t actually want to leave. Go figure.
Well these last days have been a lot more about parties, photographs and teary eyed goodbyes than exams, projects, deadlines or classes that anyways were such a drag. As the college finally comes to a close, exams have been sat and textbooks shut, a few of us still run after that one offer letter we can take home and a few have had the realisation that job wasn’t exactly what they were meant to do anyways. Happy realisation or reality check, God knows.

Now, to a bit of zeitgeist of what was:
Looking back, I realize that more than anything ever JBS was the most exciting, if not the most joyous part of my life. I had been walking under rainclouds for most of the first and second trimesters trying to adapt to an absolutely new place and people so different from each other that I couldn’t be sure of them. Still remember how gloomy it used to be initially when I had to travel from South Delhi to Noida for classes and make it back till around 7 in the evening, thankfully hostel happened. Despite all that, by the third trimester I had managed to make a few very good friends and had my awesome moments more frequently now. Highlights would be the double trips to Rishikesh in both January and February of 2012, the second time round on bikes. Each one of us had by this time awakened to the fact about how surviving a trimester was actually much more crucial than securing a good grade and thereon it was only more fun. It was now time to head back home for three long months and I didn’t really want to. But the internship at Tata Motors was like a breath of fresh air and so I survived.

Moving on to the second year, always knew about how it was a handicap going for finance without being a nine pointer pegged against all the stars from DDM but I somehow survived being in the sevens. The fourth trimester would’ve quietly drifted past but then I bought a guitar for my birthday and a DSLR and the fun began. By the fifth trimester, both the guitar and the camera were back on the shelves subsided by the pressure of getting a job. Would not like to divulge much detail on what transpired on the job part but the third trip to Rishikesh and another one to Bhopal turned out to be massive fun (in between the tedious schedule), and not to forget about the numerous night outs at Khan market, for placement celebrations, birthdays or the ones with no reason attached.

Sixth trimester had its own weird story, be it, driving to the bird sanctuary instead of the job interview for a company that wasn’t (not to forget, getting intoxicated before) or moving 250 KMs to Chandigarh to watch football in an overpriced hotel room on Valentine’s Day. A lot of other less freakish stuff had happened in the last couple of months or around the last couple years maybe. I’ll be taking it all back in around 8000 pictures sitting back on about 25 GB of hard disk space.

I’d say this proper, and as is the human nature, I gave my fair share of cusses to this college while I was here but as I pack my bags, I’ve only got to say that this was a wonderful place, in all truth. Now before I leave for a little while, I’d like to acknowledge all the people, wonderful or otherwise that I met here who touched my heart and the ones that I might or might not have anything to do with further in life: You were all special and will be missed and it bums me to think about how I might not ever get meet some of you again and it is maddening thinking about how we’ll all.. be.. gone..? :o
But, that’s just life, I suppose.

Now to the wannabe-inspirational side of things. An awesome quote:
“The future doesn’t belong to the faint hearted, it belongs to the brave” -by Ronal Reagan

And that brings me to a much more hopeful realisation about how it’s a fresh canvas, a fresh start and I’m going to have to push my limits further. Hope the same from you all.

Godspeed goodmates J

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! If you could please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete